DCM’s accredited and licensed facilities have a footprint of over 60,000 ft² and include a full complement of surgical, surgical support space, autoclaves, anesthetic equipment and instrumentation. DCM has the facilities and equipment to support your surgical project from start to finish.
DCM’s professional staff is a strategic resource for your surgical work. We provide training in surgical/anesthetic techniques to get you started. We also work collaboratively with scientific teams on development of new models, train investigative staff on established models and routinely perform surgery for scientific staff by request.
Some examples of requested surgical procedures:
- Osmotic pump placement
- Hormone pellet implants
- Ovariectomy, orchidectomy, adrenalectomy, hysterectomy
- Nephrectomy, hepatectomy, thyroidectomy, thymectomy
- Catheterization of blood vessels for blood sampling and substance administration
- Caesarean section
- Bile duct catheterization
- Abdominal aortic coarctation
Features of DCM’s surgical operations include:
- Large capacity- up to 15 fully equipped surgical stations across 2 facilities
- >25 mobile anesthetic machines equipped with precision vaporizers and anesthetic circuits with waste gas scavenging
- Ventilators, including Hallowell Micro-Vent for use in mice & rats
- Anesthetic monitoring equipment including capnometer, pulse oximeter, oscillometric blood pressure measurement, ECG, body temperature measurement
- Hot bead sterilizers
- Fiber optic cold light sources
- Dissecting microscopes and surgical magnification glasses
- Surgical instrumentation including fine microsurgical instruments
- Height adjustable surgical tables
- Surgical supplies including reflex clip appliers, cautery pens, laryngeal mask airway devices, endotracheal tubes for use in rodent models, intubation stand, catheters, cannulas, biopsy punches, intravenous fluid warming and infusion pumps.
- Infusion/syringe pump
- Induction boxes
- Heat pads and lamps for patient warming
- Fully equipped pre-surgical stations for surgical preparation and post-surgical stations for patient recovery
- Dedicated autoclaves for full or flash sterilization cycles
Contact us to let us know how we can support your work.