DCM’s accredited and licensed facilities have a footprint of over 60,000 ft² and include a full complement of housing, procedural, surgical, laboratory, necropsy and cage processing space. Equipment and specialized space supports work requiring CL2 or CL3 containment, germ free or gnotobiotic mouse models, SPF+ bioexclusion as well as use of high hazard chemicals or radioisotopes. DCM also hosts a wide range of imaging modalities and a behavioural phenotyping core.
- Biocontainment caging for work with RG2 and 3 infectious agents
- Bioexclusion caging and equipment for germ-free and gnotobiotic work
- Metabolic caging
- Clinical chemistry and hematology analyzers (VetScan VS2 & HM5)
- Imaging modalities: x-ray, bioluminescent, fluorescent, radioisotope with bone density testing featuring Bruker Xtreme and IVIS Spectrum instruments professionally managed by CFI-3D facility offering full image analysis
- Mouse behavioural phenotyping core directed by Dr. Amy Ramsey including touch screen operant testing, acoustic startle response, locomotor activity monitoring, Morris water maze, ultrasonic vocalization recording, rotarod, treadmill, elevated plus maze, open field.
BRUKER XTREME ISOCAGE BIOSAFETY STATION