Facilities and Equipment
DCM’s accredited and licensed facilities have a footprint of over 60,000 ft² and include a full complement of housing, procedural, surgical, laboratory, necropsy and cage processing space. Equipment and specialized space supports work requiring CL2 or CL3 containment, germfree, ex-germfree or gnotobiotic mouse models, SPF+ bioexclusion as well as use of high hazard chemicals or radioisotopes. DCM also hosts a wide range of imaging modalities and a behavioural phenotyping core.
- In-vivo level 2 and level 3 containment space
- Germfree core
- SPF+ bioexclusion/barriers
- Chemical, biological, radioisotope equipment and support space
- Imaging modalities: x-ray, bioluminescent, fluorescent, radioisotopic, bone density testing and DEXA scanning featuring Bruker Xtreme and IVIS Spectrum instruments professionally managed by CFI-3D facility offering full image analysis
- Behavioural phenotyping core led by Dr. Amy Ramsey
DCM’s professional staff is available to provide you with a full range of technical support to your projects, from day-to-day maintenance of mouse colonies to intensive management and performance of all animal work as designed by you or in collaboration with our management team.